Sunflower Halved Hypersaturated

Sunflower Halved Hypersaturated
Yes this is a real sunflower I took this shot a couple of summers ago in the garden outside my work window

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

95 Degrees and Rising

I feel like a stranger on my own blog...haven't been on here in ages, well I guess 16 days isn't exactly ages, but it's been a while...

I don't know how many of you have been enjoying this heat and humidity, but I can tell you for a fact I have not! I find it to be extremely gross, sticky and stifling...bring on the snow I'm ready for winter. I guess I have a few things to discuss...

~I have decided that in preparation for my stay-cation next week, I tentatively made plans for the rest of the year to lead me to an action packed summer 2009. We live way to close to DC not to take advantage of all the activities that abound. So friends, and yes this means you, you may be receiving random phone calls from me to participate in some of these events. I have already secured a friend for sailing class but if your interested drop me a line. Other things I have lined up, which are not just limited to summer, Westminster Dog Show in NYC, glass making class, swimming lessons (of course before the sailing class!), trip to Great Falls and the Alleghenies, hot air balloon ride and some other things as well, but as you can tell it's going to be fun and exciting!!!

~~I don't know how else to put this so I'm just going to say it in the most tactful manner that I can...People, please please please and please make sure you do your own research on the candidates running for president. I have heard people repeating so many strange and outlandish comments...makes me wonder have we as a society truly gotten this dependent on word of mouth and this lazy that we can not find information for ourselves. Of course it is easier to depend on what you hear as fact, but it is also an irresponsible way of informing yourself. Rumor mills run crazy and most people hear it, repeat it and before long some major news outlet is reporting on it as if it fact. Educate yourself...take the time to hear the whole story, otherwise keep it to yourself!

~~~The Olympics starts in a couple of weeks, I'm interested to see what will happen. Also, I've read where China has taken steps to rid Beijing of the intense smog that is present. I wonder if these restrictions will last after the Olympics are over? Hopefully someone is noticing they can smell the roses without coughing up a lung!

Have a great Day!

0 comments: