Sunflower Halved Hypersaturated

Sunflower Halved Hypersaturated
Yes this is a real sunflower I took this shot a couple of summers ago in the garden outside my work window

Monday, July 7, 2008

Holiday?

Let me first start by saying Happy Birthday America! If it had not been for the brave men of the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, America as we know it today would not exist! (No intentional rhyming!) While we celebrated with cookouts and other such events, I hope you took time to recognize, appreciate and say a prayer for our service men and women who have and continue to put their lives on the line so that we may enjoy ours. Independence Day means a lot to not only fellow Americans, but people around the globe. May we continue to celebrate many more!

So on to my eventful weekend...Thursday the lovely water pipe leading from our house to the WSSC connecting pipe decided to call it quits. There was a trinkle of water coming out of the cover, but nothing too terrible. WSSC came out said the leak was on our end so basically we have to cut the driveway and have the pipe replaced. So later on that evening what use to be a trinkle had then turned into a flowing fountain with six peaks. Needless to say water pressure inside the house was low but still do able. The plumber came out but can't do anything until Tuesday. That was fine and all until it rained Friday and the water completely stopped in the house. How depressing a holiday weekend none the less and no stinkin water. We ended up at a hotel and that is where we will reside until the water returns to the house. The street looks as though a river runs through it at the moment.

On top of all of that I tripped on Saturday and have done something to my ankle. It hurts when I go down the stairs, but other than that it's not swollen or anything so I'm going to see how it does the next day or so. I would hate to have to go back to the doctor considering I have been there twice already. Hopefully it is fine (fingers crossed) and the pain will subside.

In the midst of all the drama I did manage to hang out with friends, have a few laughs and a few drinks so the weekend was not a total wash (bad pun)...I actually wish it were a little longer. I may have some really big good news to share, but for now I'll keep it under wraps not really trying to speak it out of existence, but it's something that I am a little hesitant on stepping into, however I'm sure it will be GREAT and it's just my nerves getting the best of me!!!!

And....Happy Birthday KB!!! I wish you many more!

Have a great Monday!

0 comments: